By Jack Wiles, Russ Rogers
“This booklet comprises essentially the most updated details on hand wherever on a large choice of subject matters on the topic of Techno defense. As you learn the booklet, you will note that the authors took the procedure of picking out many of the dangers, threats, and vulnerabilities after which discussing the countermeasures to handle them. a few of the subject matters and options mentioned listed below are as new as tomorrow’s headlines, while others were round for many years with no being safely addressed. i am hoping you take pleasure in this e-book up to we've loved operating with a few of the authors and neighbors in the course of its development.” ―Donald Withers, CEO and Cofounder of TheTrainingCo.
• Jack Wiles, on Social Engineering bargains up a potpourri of suggestions, methods, vulnerabilities, and classes realized from 30-plus years of expertise within the worlds of either actual and technical security.
• Russ Rogers at the fundamentals of Penetration trying out illustrates the traditional method for penetration checking out: info amassing, community enumeration, vulnerability identity, vulnerability exploitation, privilege escalation, growth of achieve, destiny entry, and data compromise.
• Johnny lengthy on No Tech Hacking exhibits the way to hack with no touching a working laptop or computer utilizing tailgating, lock bumping, shoulder browsing, and dumpster diving.
• Phil Drake on own, staff, and relations Preparedness covers the fundamentals of constructing a plan for you and your loved ones, determining and acquiring the provides you'll want in an emergency.
• Kevin O’Shea on Seizure of electronic info discusses accumulating and knowledge from the scene.
• Amber Schroader on cellphone Forensics writes on new tools and directions for electronic forensics.
• Dennis O’Brien on RFID: An advent, defense matters, and matters discusses how this well-intended expertise has been eroded and used for fringe implementations.
• Ron eco-friendly on Open resource Intelligence information how an excellent Open resource Intelligence software will help create leverage in negotiations, allow shrewdpermanent judgements concerning the number of items and companies, and aid keep away from pitfalls and dangers.
• Raymond Blackwood on instant understanding: expanding the Sophistication of instant clients keeps it's the technologist’s accountability to coach, speak, and help clients regardless of their loss of curiosity in realizing the way it works.
• Greg Kipper on what's Steganography? presents a high-quality knowing of the fundamentals of steganography, what it may well and can’t do, and hands you with the data you want to set your profession path.
• Eric Cole on Insider possibility discusses why the insider danger is worse than the exterior risk and the results of insider threats on a firm.
*Internationally recognized specialists in info safety percentage their wisdom
*Free move to Techno protection convention for everybody who purchases a book―$1,200 value
*2-HOUR DVD with innovative details at the way forward for info defense
Read or Download Techno Security's Guide to Managing Risks for IT Managers, Auditors and Investigators PDF
Similar Comptia books
Best-of-the-best directions for dealing with low voltage wiring The A-Z reference on designing, fitting, preserving, and troubleshooting smooth safety and hearth alarm structures is now totally up to date in a brand new version. ready through Terry Kennedy and John E. Traister, authors with over 3 many years of hands-on event apiece within the building undefined, Low Voltage Wiring: Security/Fire Alarm platforms, 3rd version presents the entire applicable wiring information you must paintings on safety and fireplace alarm structures in residential, advertisement, and commercial constructions.
Study in-depth perception into how hackers infiltrate e-business and the way they are often stopped. The ebook comprises up to date hacks and countermeasures, together with the newest denial of provider assaults, e-mail assaults, viruses, and internet hacks. there's additionally insurance of home windows XP Server. The CD includes customized scripts created, seller instruments, a default password database, and an digital define of the e-book with dwell hyperlinks to all the instruments which are referenced within the ebook.
"The ebook is of huge end result and capability worth. The Java 2 Platform safeguard represents an develop of significant proportions, and the data during this publication is captured nowhere else. " --Peter G. Neumann, critical Scientist, SRI overseas computing device technology Lab, writer of Computer-Related dangers, and Moderator of the dangers discussion board "Profound!
The Hands-On, sensible advisor to fighting Ajax-Related protection Vulnerabilities increasingly more sites are being rewritten as Ajax functions; even conventional machine software program is speedily relocating to the internet through Ajax. yet, all too frequently, this transition is being made with reckless put out of your mind for safeguard.
Extra info for Techno Security's Guide to Managing Risks for IT Managers, Auditors and Investigators