By Simson Garfinkel, Gene Spafford
When Practical Unix Security used to be first released greater than a decade in the past, it turned an fast vintage. filled with information regarding host defense, it kept many a Unix method administrator from catastrophe. the second one version further much-needed web defense assurance and doubled the dimensions of the unique quantity. The 3rd version is a complete replace of this highly regarded e-book - a spouse for the Unix/Linux procedure administrator who must safe his or her organization's process, networks, and net presence in an more and more antagonistic world.
Focusing at the 4 preferred Unix variations today--Solaris, Mac OS X, Linux, and FreeBSD--this publication includes new info on PAM (Pluggable Authentication Modules), LDAP, SMB/Samba, anti-theft applied sciences, embedded platforms, instant and computing device matters, forensics, intrusion detection, chroot jails, cellphone scanners and firewalls, digital and cryptographic filesystems, WebNFS, kernel protection degrees, outsourcing, criminal matters, new net protocols and cryptographic algorithms, and masses more.
Practical Unix & web Security comprises six parts:
- Computer safeguard fundamentals: advent to safety difficulties and recommendations, Unix heritage and lineage, and the significance of defense guidelines as a simple part of method security.
- Security development blocks: basics of Unix passwords, clients, teams, the Unix filesystem, cryptography, actual safety, and body of workers security.
- Network safety: a close examine modem and dialup safety, TCP/IP, securing person community companies, Sun's RPC, a variety of host and community authentication structures (e.g., NIS, NIS+, and Kerberos), NFS and different filesystems, and the significance of safe programming.
- Secure operations: maintaining up to now in state-of-the-art altering defense global, backups, protecting opposed to assaults, appearing integrity administration, and auditing.
- Handling defense incidents: getting to know a break-in, facing programmed threats and denial of provider assaults, and felony facets of desktop security.
- Appendixes: a accomplished defense list and a close bibliography of paper and digital references for extra analyzing and research.
Packed with one thousand pages of priceless textual content, scripts, checklists, counsel, and warnings, this 3rd variation continues to be the definitive reference for Unix directors and someone who cares approximately keeping their platforms and knowledge from modern-day threats.
Read or Download Practical Unix and Internet Security, 2nd Edition PDF
Similar Comptia books
Best-of-the-best directions for dealing with low voltage wiring The A-Z reference on designing, fitting, retaining, and troubleshooting glossy defense and hearth alarm structures is now absolutely updated in a brand new version. ready by way of Terry Kennedy and John E. Traister, authors with over 3 a long time of hands-on adventure apiece within the building undefined, Low Voltage Wiring: Security/Fire Alarm structures, 3rd version presents the entire acceptable wiring information you must paintings on defense and hearth alarm structures in residential, advertisement, and business constructions.
Research in-depth perception into how hackers infiltrate e-business and the way they are often stopped. The publication comprises up-to-date hacks and countermeasures, together with the most recent denial of provider assaults, e-mail assaults, viruses, and net hacks. there's additionally assurance of home windows XP Server. The CD comprises customized scripts created, seller instruments, a default password database, and an digital define of the e-book with dwell hyperlinks to the entire instruments which are referenced within the ebook.
"The e-book is of huge final result and strength price. The Java 2 Platform protection represents an develop of significant proportions, and the knowledge during this e-book is captured nowhere else. " --Peter G. Neumann, primary Scientist, SRI foreign desktop technology Lab, writer of Computer-Related hazards, and Moderator of the hazards discussion board "Profound!
The Hands-On, functional advisor to combating Ajax-Related safety Vulnerabilities increasingly more sites are being rewritten as Ajax functions; even conventional computing device software program is speedily relocating to the net through Ajax. yet, all too frequently, this transition is being made with reckless forget for safeguard.
Additional resources for Practical Unix and Internet Security, 2nd Edition