By Nancy A. Monteiro-Riviere
This key quantity of the Target Organ Toxicology Series presents a clean and sleek method of the topic of pores and skin toxicology from the point of view of the way the surface varieties a barrier that protects the physique from the exterior surroundings and the way chemical compounds and medicine engage with the barrier homes of the outside. Any defects or perturbations to this barrier may end up in harm to the surface or might adjust absorption.
With contributions from over forty foreign specialists within the box of pores and skin biology, the publication offers the principal function of the surface barrier to wellbeing and fitness and ailment reviewing;
- The skin’s anatomy and body structure, with specialize in the stratum corneum as a barrier to international substances.
- Dermal absorption, cutaneous metabolism, and epidermal transporters.
- Altered limitations, racial pores and skin varieties, elderly epidermis, photoaged pores and skin, cosmetics and dermis sensitization.
- Modern ways to drug supply around the pores and skin barrier, together with liposomes, microneedle know-how, energetic and passive transdermal supply.
- Examples and case stories of chemical toxicity after topical exposures starting from arsenic, steel operating fluids, bromine, jet gasoline, sulfur mustard and together with the rising zone of nanomaterial penetration.
Toxicology of the Skin is key analyzing for drug supply pharmacologist, formula scientists, dermatologists, toxicologists, molecular biologists, engineers, surgeons, scholars and somebody drawn to dermis inflammation and dermis absorption.